How does ecocoat premier work?
The ecocoat premier formula is a secret!
However, one of the key components (that we’re allowed to release) in ecocoat premier, is polydimethylsiloxane.
When the formula (the polydimethylsiloxane, together with other catalysts forming ecocoat premier) is applied onto a surface, it will crosslink with the surface when cured (dry). Once cured, it forms the unmatched water repellency and gloss that is ecocoat premier.
Curious about the key component itself? Polydimethylsiloxane belongs to a group of polymeric organosilicon compounds that are commonly referred to as silicones. Through the unique structure of polydimethylsiloxane, it has the ability to form bonds on the surface and display a hydrophobic outer surface.
For the science buffs, this is how the structure of polydimethylsiloxane looks like:
Additionally, just in case you’re wondering, polydimethylsiloxane is classified as having no marked harmful effects on organisms in the environment.
3 steps to using your ecocoat premier
Step 1: Spray some ecocoat premier onto a towel until damp.
Step 2: Wipe directly onto clean surface.
Step 3: Let dry.
Professional ecocoat premier application tips
- Ensure that the surface is clean before applying ecocoat premier. All contaminants must be removed before application.
- Contaminants can be removed with ecoclean iron to eliminated iron fouling, and degreased with ecoclean precoat. Degreasing the surface ensures a completely clean and reactive surface.
- The long-term stability and abrasion resistance of the coating depends on how well ecocoat premier has chemically bonded with the surface.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight
- Always ensure the areas coated are overlapping.
- Polish the product in until the haze disappears
- If layering, wait to cure for 1 hour before applying another layer.
- After application, air fry the surface for about 4 hours and avoid contact with water during such time.